According to many estimates there will be TWO MILLION drones sold this holiday season. Personally I’m excited to drive around Christmas day and see all the crashed drones everywhere and pick up a few for spare parts.
Below are a few suggestions for those of you shopping for a drone. Prices range from under $15 to about $1200.00. I’ve broken the suggestions down by prices, low to high. Click on the drone image and it will you straight to Amazon to buy it and be done with your holiday drone shopping!
$14.19 – Cheerson CX-10 Mini 29mm Diameter 4CH 2.4GHz 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter UFO RTF (Ready to Fly)
At $14.19 this is the cheapest drone I’ve ever seen.
- Suitable for: Ages 14+
- Model on Hubsan H111
- 6-axis design makes the gyroscope adjustable, promoting flying stability
- 4-8 minutes flight time
- 3-level adjustable speed flip function
$26.99 – ARRIS V676 2.4G Super Mini UFO RC Quadcopter RTF (Ready to Fly)
- Stable flight
- Adopts 2.4G anti-interference technology, allows multi aerocrafts to fly in the same area.
- LVC LEDs alarm (around 4mm of flight)
$79.99 – Husban X4 H107C
This is a quadcopter with built in camera. Husban is a well known brand in the tiny drone market.
- 2 MP HD Camera: Recording module
- Latest 6-axis flight control system with adjustable gyro sensitivity; Beginner and Expert flight modes
- 2.4 Ghz Transmitter with LCD screen, Lightweight airframe with nice durability
- Directional Control (Left, Right, Forward, Backward, Sideways Left, Sideways Right)
- Equipped with 4 LED Lights and Blade Protection Guard. Blade Protection Guard (Taped at the bottom of the white molded shell portion of the box)
$115.00 – JJRC H8D FPV Headless Mode 6-Axis 2.4Ghz Gyro RTF RC Quadcopter Helicopter Drone with 5.8G 2MP HD Camera Red EU Plug with US Adapter
- This product is equipped with a professional level of aerial 5.8GHz high-definition camera, maximum up to 2 million pixels, it can be realized in the air to take pictures, video and other aerial capabilities, and real-time transmission to the image on the LCD screen.
- Exclusive first dual control mode, with the player operation for novice entry-level model and the professional player’s technical level model. Truly a multi-purpose machine, indoor and outdoor operation of the model, suitable for a very wide range of players!
- Remote control can freely switch for about throttle control, more suitable for multi-regional multi-range of people to use. New CVT function, can achieve 10% -100% to seamlessly shift, gradual acceleration and deceleration can be 1%, according to the player’s own proficiency and space operations to fully fit players to choose gear.
- This product uses the 2.4GHz band signal, the operation more precise, more responsive, more distant remote control, can simultaneously in the same place each control more than one aircraft without mutual interference ; The product has a 360-degree roll function, in front, left in different directions roll, roll speed sensitive, precise positioning!
- Unique product design, replaceable aircraft batteries, so you can enjoy a long uninterrupted remote control aircraft excitement pleasure!
DJI Phantom for GoPro
This is the most popular higher level drone ever sold. I even have one! A good stage for a GoPro owner who wants to graduate up to a higher quality craft.
- Complete quadcopter and remote transmitter, pre-tuned by the factory and ready in minutes! Just charge the included battery, attach the propellers and landing gear, and add 4 AA batteries to the remote and you’re flying.
- Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately. Produce dramatic cinema-quickly results from the air! Note: Wi-Fi streaming from a camera is not possible because it may interfere with the Phantom’s remote control.
- Outdoor flight is made possible by advanced GPS positioning that compensates for light wind. The Phantom has a fail-safe function and can be configured to automatically fly to and land at its take-off position if connection to the transmitter is lost. Note: indoor flight or operation by persons under 18 years of age is NOT recommended.
- With a maximum horizontal speed of 22 miles/hour (10 meters/second), the Phantom lets you capture the action of almost any sport, event or scene.
- The Phantom’s high tech Naza-M autopilot system lets you configure advanced parameters via software (USB port and separate download required).
$990 – 3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter
World’s First Features
The first consumer drone with a brain, Solo is powered by twin computers.
Only drone to stream wireless HD video from GoPro direct to iOS/Android devices.
Powerful Smart Shot technology makes capturing incredible cinematic footage easy and automatic.
First with in-flight GoPro access: Start/stop recording and adjust camera settings from the ground (with Solo Gimbal).
Revolutionary, intuitive video game-style controller.
Solo Gimbal (sold separately) delivers smooth footage, GoPro power and control, HDMI video and intelligent camerawork.
Future-proof accessory and gimbal bays make Solo ready for tomorrow’s technology : Concepts under development include LiDAR for super stable indoor flight; ballistic parachute system; flight rewind and more.
Full-featured app for iOS and Android puts total craft control at your fingertips.
Unique safety features like pause and ‘safety net’ mean you can fly with confidence.
Take to the air in seconds with effortless pushbutton flight.
Free software and feature updates ensure your Solo grows and adapts with advancements in technology.
$1239 – Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter Drone RTF in Aluminum Case with CGO3 Camera, ST10+ & Steady Grip
I’ve reviewed this amazing quadcopter. Check out the Ambient Flight Yuneec International Q500 4K Typhoon Review.
Personal Ground Station with built-in touchscreen
Integrated 3-axis precision gimbal camera
4K/30fps ultra high definition video, 1080p/120fps slow motion video
User controlled video resolution, white balance and light exposure
12 megapixel photos with No-Distortion Lens
You must be logged in to post a comment.