WASHINGTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–XTEND, the world-leading provider of innovative XR human telepresence technology for Defense, National Security, Public Safety, and Industrial Inspection markets, recently participated in a national evaluation event hosted by the Spanish Ministries of Interior and Defense in Asturias Airport, Spain. The event featured 16 state-of-the-art counter drone technology companies to showcase and deploy their product’s compatibility with existing airport technologies.
Recognizing that counter-unmanned aircraft systems (c-UAS) are crucial for national security, the event sought solutions to prevent drone interference and other threats that endanger airports and flights.
XTEND’s SKYLORD HUNTER system, is an aerial defense platform adopted by the U.S. DoD and other world defense agencies to support military and civilian operations. The platform’s XR capabilities fuse edge technology with cognitive skills to safely perform dangerous missions on the battlefield both in the US and abroad.
“Safety is our mission, no matter the scenario. In this instance, our SKYLORD HUNTER system features air-to-air interception capabilities and instant GPS acquisition to target threatening UAS,” said Aviv Shapira, CEO, and Co-founder of XTEND. “The success of our evaluation here shows how we can revolutionize how airports across the globe are able to surveille and protect their airspace from drones and other aerial threats that endanger flights.”
Each company had to overcome two types of tests to demonstrate why their technologies are compatible with current airport communication systems and navigation. They also had to demonstrate the effectiveness of their capacities to fight against hostile drones and guarantee their designated area’s security.
XTEND had successfully intercepted a target drone on the move before allowing it to enter into the aerial area of the airport. The tests were organized and conducted by the Spanish Ministries of Interior, Defense, Transportation and the National Police and Civil Guard.
Image Library: HUNTER testing in action
XTEND uses advanced Virtual Reality, Extended Reality, Computer Vision, Flight Control and User Experience technology, to build intuitive products for Defense, National Security, Public Safety and Industrial Inspection markets. The technology enables humans to extend themselves into action in distant remote realities. XTEND’s SKYLORD systems allow a zero-learning-curve experience to operators with no flight experience and ensures success across almost any mission variable both indoor and outdoor.
I’m thrilled to announce an addition to the drone fleet, the Autel Evo 2 Pro. Finally technology has advanced enough for me to find a small, foldable drone to replace my huge hexacopter. This is a bird I’ll be using for shooting RAW images and high quality 4K and even 6K video.
I debated with myself between the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the Autel Evo 2 Pro and a few features pushed me to Autel side. I’ve been flying this bird regularly for about two months now, and I’m thrilled with the quality of the photos and video it produces.
The range of this drone is impressive. The flight time I’m getting crushes my hexacopter, 6x over. But it doesn’t get the 40 minutes of flight time that’s advertised by Autel. It’s more like 30 minutes or upper 20’s.
There are still some kinks and bugs to work out for Autel and the Evo 2 Pro model. After the last firmware update I’m getting some yaw drift. I’m also getting occasional situations where it seems the collision avoidance system (oh, forgot to mention that) “thinks” there are objects nearby and the bird stops and hovers.
1. The “yellow demarcation bar” marking indicates
A yellow demarcation bar is a yellow pavement marking of a single line that indicates a runway having a displaced threshold which is preceded by a blast pad, stopway or taxiway.
Answer B is incorrect because a hold line is a yellow pavement marking from taxiways to runways that consists of two solid bars and two broken bars. Answer C is incorrect because the available landing area of the runway begins after the displaced threshold, not after the demarcation bar.
2. (Refer to Figure 23.) The flag symbols at Statesboro Bulloch County Airport, Claxton-Evans County Airport, and Ridgeland Airport are
3. According to 14 CFR part 107, the responsibility to inspect the small UAS to ensure it is in a safe operating condition rests with the
4. (Refer to Figure 21, area 1.) After receiving authorization from ATC to operate a small UA near Minot International airport (MOT) while the control tower is operational, which radio communication frequency could be used to monitor manned aircraft and ATC communications?
6. You are a remote pilot for a co-op energy service provider. You are to use your UA to inspect power lines in the remote area 15 hours away from your home office. After the drive, fatigue impacts your abilities to complete your assignment on time. Fatigue can be recognized
8. (Refer to Figure 26, area 5.) The airspace overlying and within 5 miles of Barnes County Airport is
10. Safety is an important element for a remote pilot to consider prior to operating an unmanned aircraft system. To prevent the final “link” in the accident chain, a remote pilot must consider which methodology?
13. Which weather conditions should be expected beneath a low-level temperature inversion layer when the relative humidity is high?
14. A pilot experiencing the effects of hyperventilation should be able to restore the proper carbon dioxide level in the body by
16. When operating an unmanned airplane, the remote pilot should consider that the load factor on the wings may be increased any time
17. In accordance with 14 CFR part 107, except when within a 400′ radius of a structure, at what maximum altitude can you operate sUAS?
18. (Refer to Figure 25, area 3.) If Dallas Executive (RDB) Tower is not in operation, which frequency should be used as a Common Traffic Advisory Frequency (CTAF) to monitor airport traffic?
19. According to 14 CFR part 48, when must a person register a small UA with the Federal Aviation Administration?
24. (Refer to Figure 23, area 3.) The top of the group obstruction approximately 11 nautical miles from the Savannah VORTAC on the 007° radial is
25. An almond or lens-shaped cloud which appears stationary, but which may contain winds of 50 knots or more, is referred to as
26. Two-way radio communication must be established with the Air Traffic Control facility having jurisdiction over the area prior to entering which class airspace?
29. In which environment is aircraft structural ice most likely to have the highest accumulation rate?
30. Which is true concerning the blue and magenta colors used to depict airports on Sectional Aeronautical Charts?
38. The effective use of all available resources—human, hardware, and information—prior to and during flight to ensure the successful outcome of the operation is called:
40. Under what condition would a small UA not have to be registered before it is operated in the United States?
41. According to 14 CFR part 107, how may a remote pilot operate an unmanned aircraft in class C airspace?
42. To avoid a near midair collision (NMAC) with a manned airplane, you estimate that your small UA climbed to an altitude greater than 6400 feet AGL. To whom must you submit a written report of the deviation?
45. (Refer to Figure 20 area 4.) What hazards to aircraft may exist in restricted areas such as R-5302B?
48. A resource you can use to find out detailed information about the effects of alcohol and legal and illegal drugs is
50. What effect does high density altitude, as compared to low density altitude, have on propeller efficiency and why?
52. (Refer to Figure 22, area 3.) Determine the approximate latitude and longitude of Shoshone County Airport.
53. If a certificated pilot changes permanent mailing address and fails to notify the FAA Airmen Certification Branch of the new address, the pilot is entitled to exercise the privileges of the pilot certificate for a period of only
54. A small UA causes an accident and your crew member loses consciousness. When do you report the accident?
56. (Refer to Figure 26, area 2.) What is the recommended communication procedure when inbound to land at Cooperstown Airport?
58. (Refer to Figure 20, area 5.) How would a remote PIC “CHECK NOTAMS” as noted in the CAUTION box regarding the unmarked balloon?