Now that I’ve got the power distribution board wired for the most part, the next task is getting the primary electronics mounted and wired on the bird. This would be the XAircraft flight controller (with gps, compass, LED, I/O board), 2nd GPS for telemetry, radio receiver (Taranis X8R), voltage regulator and monitor, battery hook-up leads. In the photo below all but the voltage regulator, voltage monitor, and battery leads are roughly in place.
I had to find a way of getting my primary GPS up high via platforms. The dome I purchased (next post) has a GPS mount, but it is not big enough for this one.
I found a couple of USA companies who sold parts I needed to build up my platforms, one in Texas and one in Florida. This is great because ordering from China sucks. It can take weeks for stuff to arrive. One time a set of parts took six weeks. I’m on a schedule now and do not want to wait more than a few days for parts.
I ordered two extra Tarot small battery mounts from the Florida firm, and standoffs from the texas firm. I was able to get the two existing battery mounts on either side of the top mounted a little higher. And with the other parts built the center platform. Looking good. I broke one of the screws tightening it down, so I need to get some shorter screws.